New Delhi Trip 2011

Last December 2011, I had the opportunity to visit New Delhi, India. The purpose of my visit was to attend my friend's wedding. This was to be my first trip overseas, & further more, its India we're talking about here. But I was surprised at what I find. Really really surprised & its a good surprise of course!
Love the bold colors & pattern from the sarees. Its true you know. A lot of beautiful ladies there. & handsome looking men too.
& the food! Though its vegetarian, they're oh so good! How I miss it! The best part of the trip is of course our visit to Taj Mahal. It is a 3 hours drive from New Delhi to get there. We started out early, around 5am so that we can reach Taj Mahal by 9/10a.m. to avoid the crowd. & yes...I am quite amazed at the wide population there. Such a culture shock for me! & if you are a Caucasian or Chinese, you're going to have a lot of eyes looking at you. For me, I blend in just fine coz I can pass as a Nepalese!
I thought that the trip would cost me a bomb. To my surprise, yes, the good surprise, it wasn't. One of the precaution that we need to adhere strictly here is to avoid from eating street food & drink from bottled water only. So we only eat in a restaurant which to me, the price of food is the same in Malaysia. Overall, it was such a worthwhile trip! An eye opener for me. Thank you God for the trip.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book spree & CD Spree!!

Give grace to Elizabeth Wong

Green Chords-State Level 2009