The Bashes

This post is way past due! Somehow or rather, I missed out on blogging about my birthday bash for year 2010 and 2011. Last year, I decided to make a grand celebration. I had it at a restaurant and invited my close circle of friends. I just had the need to do a big bash because I felt that the age, 33, is very significant. You see, Jesus died at the age of 33. For me, the big bash is a symbolic act of celebrating my 'death'. Not physically as in bodily. But more to death to self. It was my prophetic act of dying to self. If we don't die to self, the new cannot arise. No more playing games. Its time to get serious as I desire to see God move in my church & in this nation. If I want to see this come to pass, I gotta die. If I wanna be effective & receive the supernatural strength, I have to die. I remembered blowing the candle and deep in my heart saying "Good riddance old self! Let the new come!" Truly, truly. The new has come. I've gone through much from that day onwards. Some good, some bad. Regardless, looking at the now point of view, I have no regrets of burying myself that day!

As for my 34th birthday, I kept it simple. I told God, a few days before, that I want a specific word from Him. I think I've been blessed with a lot in life. What I needed most of all, is a word from Him & that will make my day, the Day! So when my birthday came, I received Psalm 71:17-18 "Since my youth, O God, You have taught me, & to this day I declare Your marvellous deeds. Even when I am old & gray, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare Your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come." This is me! This is how God sees me! Such a confirmation. I know that I'm revealing my age for the universe to see. It doesn't matter though because those past 2 years, my birthdays were awesome. Why? Because God was with me on those days. He made me glad. He made me see the bigger picture. He made me see beyond my age!

Comments

Jarod Yong said…
Keep the fire burning, Jezzie!
=)

Popular posts from this blog

Book spree & CD Spree!!

Green Chords-State Level 2009

Give grace to Elizabeth Wong