Christmas expectation...of love and grace..

What do I expect of myself this Christmas? Well, I expect to endure it with much grace & love as I head to my Ama & Akong's home on Christmas day itself.


You see, my Akong had a mild stroke early this month. The stroke caused him to suffer a mild memory loss. Judging from what my relatives told me about my Akong's condition, seems that he has a difficulty in differentiating fact from fiction. Alarming I shall say.


But the funny thing about my Akong is that he remembers what my cousin Alvin & I do for a living. I mean, both of us only visit our granparents at most twice in a year. Alvin's overseas & I'm stuck in Kuching. So he said something like this to his visitors: I have a grandson who's an engineer working overseas. But too bad, he deosn't want to get married. I also have a grandaughter who's a lawyer. She too is still not married yet. Huh?? Of all the grandchildren (there's more than 21 of us ok)..me & Alvin gets to 'shine'. Err...compliments cum insult??


Don't get me wrong. Am not sore about it. Just sharing. So this trip, I foresee my Akong yapping me to get married. Hence, the grace & love expectation. Cause I don't want to burst into a bout of anger. I want to take the trip in good stride. & remind myself, pray for Akong that should he have to leave, he would enter God's rest in eternity.


Please pray for me. Thanks!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book spree & CD Spree!!

Green Chords-State Level 2009

Blogshy