Balancing love & correction

Lately, my level of patience & showing love has been tested. A fellow friend in Christ got involved with an unbeliever. As much as my heart aches seeing her going against the very thing which we have been taught in Scriptures about BNG relationships, I had to remind myself that I am to love the person & hate the wrong. I wish not to confront (even with much grace within), fearing being shut off from the relationship. But if I were to keep mum, especially when I know that close friends are accountable to each other, then her blood shall fall on my hands. Besides, real friends are there to tell us what is wrong with us even when it hurts. Oh God, I hate confrontations!

Well, needless to say it didn't go too well. The tables were turned against me. It was highlighted that I am not worthy of comment due to certain flaws in my attitude(which I did not deny & telling her, I'm working on it). And the list goes on and on. I know I'm not perfect, but if everyone has to achieve perfection to correct or to teach, no one would end up correcting or teaching. Hmm...Since I couldn't get through to her, I just ended with, what's done, had been done. What happens next is your call. And whatever she chooses, I have to respect! And that I did. I thank God that we're still in talking terms rather than living in animosity with one another!

So, what did I learn from this confrontation times? If the other doesn't buy it, just move on & respect their decision albeit how wrong that decision may be. Continue the friendship. Continue loving & praying. At times, I feel bad coz I felt I may have condemned or judged. But if I were so, I wouldn't be talking to her like our usual normal selves. Nor would I treat the guy kindly if I am judge-gy(if there's such a word). That's what Jesus would do anyway. Coz He's my Master, I would follow Him. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book spree & CD Spree!!

Green Chords-State Level 2009

Blogshy