The Allah issue again...only in Malaysia..

This past few weeks the usage of the word Allah cropped out again. The Sultan of Selangor and his 'genius' of a team sought to enforce that the word Allah shall be used by the Muslims only. Pardon me? I'm Bidayuh-Iban & as long as I can remember, the word Allah has been used by my people since time immemorial. We use it in our liturgy, hymn books & of course, our Bible. Even in our prayers, Allah is mentioned. I believe the word Allah is used with reference to God even by the non-muslims in the Middle East. & the muslims there ain't got no fuss on the matter. & no..don't give me that Sabah & Sarawak is different. I'm Malaysian, & I want all of us to be treated equally. We enjoy the same rights, we bear the same obligation as a citizen. No? I can only assume one thing from this matter. Election is coming soon. Is it a ploy? Or not, well, we shall wait till election day comes. I love my country...but the rulers, from the crown to those who are in government, not so..as I write this, I can't help but remind myself that they too are human. Prone to err as they are not God. The only perfect governance would be God's. Till that day then...Adios! Just my rants!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book spree & CD Spree!!

Green Chords-State Level 2009

Give grace to Elizabeth Wong