Its like stepping on a weighing scale!

Soon & very soon, 31st December is approaching & wala! What d'ya know? Its New Year's Day...As usual, my routine, well, its still a relative new routine for me, is to do a check list on whether I have achieved my 2012 new year's resolution. Its scary!! Yes, 'scary' as in its like 'stepping on a weighing scale' scary. Like it or not, I need a reality check & boo yah, reality does sucks. Anyway...before I share on whether I fare well, or 'almost there' or worst, epic fail in it...these are my new years resolution. I had fun writing it up this year. I know its kindergardener-ish..well, at least its memorable..so here it is:
Talk less & listen more. So far, so good. Guessing..maybe its the age factor that made me able to achieve this. At times, I get worn out, hence I talk less. Wonder if that counts. & if that is so, maybe, could it be, that I wasn't listening?? Was I listening, engaging into thought or was I drifting away to oblivion?? Oh man! I thought I made this list! Now I have to re-think it over...ah well.. Cooking once a week, yup...that I've been doing. In fact, tomorrow, I'll be cooking mushroom soup.
2012 was expected to be a trying time for us here in Malaysia. Especially, the Christians. Not only that, in terms of finance as well. My pastor shared a sermon on having faith in God during the times of hardship & testing. I remembered what he said: Have faith, even at the oddest of times. Truly, this year has its bouts of challenges. & praise God, He has led me through it all. Grace! All I can say is grace!
Phew! Lifeshifter album. Done! Praise God! Launched in July this year at the WeCare fest. Appreciation goes to Breakthrough Network, a non-profit organization who has helped my team fund the production of the album. Lifeshifter even had a tour in October around Kuching, Serian & Lundu area. I am humbled to have the opportunity to minister unto others through the Bahasa Malaysia praise & worship songs that we have produced. Glory to God!
Church is my extended family. I aim to love them & show grace. See the word 'hush'. It means to keep a secret..to ensure that church is a safe place where people can pour their hearts out. Not only that, to hush ourselves from gossiping about brother/sister so& so.....this bit I shall continue to aim for. For the sake of the big picture, I must...we all should anyway..
Why is caring a part of my resolution? It is a MUST! it is IMPORTANT! Cause we are born selfish peeps! & caring needs to be done consciously, planned for, until it becomes habitual to us, like the air we breathe. If ever, it should be in an everyday 'to-do' list!
See the word 'justice' in the river? Fine...it may not look like a river, I don't know, but it does to me...Never, ever, forget to do justice. There's so many injustice in Sarawak, in Malaysia, right now. I've come to the point that, if its going to make me less popular, or its gonna make me loose my life, so be it! I'm so fed up with some of my people who doesn't want to be called 'a disturber' just because they are well taken cared of. They forget that, the well to-do are just a handful, and that there is a time for everything, & when favor is no longer there, then they will know that injustice does exist. Not gonna be that selfish person anymore. Just coz I am not touched..but the fact remains, that others are touched & have suffered..
The words are blurry! Its written: No buying cosmetic items until it is finished. Buy items that you will use. This is my 'save money' & 'don't waste' goal. Glad to say, I've steered off buying cosmetic items. & I'm glad to say that I finished my Mascara from Mac. Yippee! Now I can buy myself a new one.
I'm trying to do my bit to save the environment. I think the most significant act that me and my family did is to not accept plastic bags & to carry our own baskets/shopping bags. I know its just this one thing that we do. But that one act does help. I noticed some people gave me a weird look when I rejected the plastic bag. Now, I've gotten used to it. Time for them to get use to it. One day...I hope, they'll get it.
I epic fail in this! Seriously...its not good. Its like a yo yo this one...I know I need to be more consistent. Feeling out of breath is definitely sucky. Lately, I've been feeling light headed. Fuh! I have next year...I hope... As scary as it is, better to face it of. However we fare, lets not give up on having resolution. Its actually goal setting. Or have we given ourselves too much excuses? Ouch..this is for you, and me, to think about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book spree & CD Spree!!

Green Chords-State Level 2009

Blogshy