Kota Kinabalu vacation











Last Friday, all of the Dior family went for a vacation to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. It is the first for us siblings and we were so excited since we first started to plan for the trip. We flew there of course. The flight was for about 1hr 45 minutes. According to my cousin, it'll take about 10 hours drive from Kuching to KK.

1st day, we hit the city centre. We wanted so much to go to One Borneo, which is reported to be the biggest shopping mall in Borneo. Tried looking for it but we failed. All is not lost though. We went for a seafood dinner instead at a restaurant called Ocean Seafood. There, I get to see the oysters, lobsters, weird looking crustaceans... I don't know what to call them. We choose what we want to eat..yes, they were alive in their tanks...but sorry, if there is any feeling involve, all I thought was man they make me hungry!

2nd day, went to Kundasang. That's the farthest we can go with our tight schedule and all. Despite not being able to scale Mount Kinabalu during this visit, my disappointment was pacified by Kundasang. The journey there is breathtaking. Every time when we see the peak of Mt. Kinabalu, we get excited...especially when we get to see the water fall. Its so cool!! And yes, the weather is cool too even though the sun was up.

At Kundasang, there is a small market which sells vegetables, flowers and fruits. I love it when the wind blows. The feel of the chilled air reminds me that I'm out of Kuching...new territory, out of my comfort zone..for real. Awesome! The sad part, the vegetables can be overly expensive. I'm talking 4 stalks of asparagus for RM10. You must be kidding me! The place itself needs to be developed. Better public toilet, road,etc.

3rd day, us siblings went to Manokan Island. Note for tourist out there. Don't use the hotel's tour and travel services. It'll be quite costly. Just go to Jesselton wharf. Before buying the tickets, please check which transport company has the best deals. The boat ride is RM17 p/pax. You don't stop paying after that...Next, there's the tariff of RM6p/pax. OK...you must think the spending stops there right? Nope..there's an entrance fee to the island of RM3. I know, its not that substantial. But wait, want to go snorkelling? That would be RM10p/pax. You must rent the life jacket as well. It cost about RM5p/pax. Please rent these equipments from the boat operators. If you rent these things from the island resort operator, a deposit of RM100 would have to be paid. So do remember this crucial piece of advise.

While on the island..or anywhere else in KK, please respect the environment. Do not litter cause it saddens me to see plastic bags floating at the sea. The fishes could suffocate when trapped in them. Poor thing!

For those who are looking for a place to travel, do consider KK. Its a wonderful tourist destination. Believe me, I'm not done with KK. Definitely, I'll be going there again ..soonest!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book spree & CD Spree!!

Green Chords-State Level 2009

Blogshy