Gawai 2009 at Simanggang






On the 1st June 2009, left for Simanggang. That's my mum's hometown. Didn't do much but for the occasional visiting. Eating and drinking is of course, the main activity in a typical Gawai open house. This year, I visited my cousin in-law's house, my uncle Stevy's house and...again, back to Uncle Stevy's house. Its just too comfortable there.


Me and my parents relaxing at Uncle Stevy's house at Bukit Temudok.


The yellow cake is called kek dangdut. Its nice but too sweet for my taste. Mind you, I have a sweet tooth. So this cake is really, really sweet.




My aunties trying to catch up with each other. Sometimes, they only meet up once in a year. This year its different due to my uncle's passing and my grandpa's illness. So they've been meeting up quite often towards the beginning of this year.

Comments

Jarod Yong said…
The Gawai in Kapit is quite different...
A lot of alcohol involved!
hahaha~~
Jezzy said…
I know..longhouse is really different. They force you to drink. I know this cause I was at LA last year. Vicious!

Popular posts from this blog

Book spree & CD Spree!!

Green Chords-State Level 2009

Blogshy