Sign seekers...but seriously?

Publicity and advertisement on horoscope signs and feng shui tips has been upped recently... what with the economic downturn and all.

No offense..these adverts, instead of offering me hope makes me even madder. Seems like the readings tend to be bad. Or 'soi' ...should I say? And the solution offered by the 'so-called masters'? In order to counter the bad omen, buy a particular talisman/crystal of a (red/purple/green) dragon whatsoever. Hmm....what do I see? The 'masters' with their bling, blings. Oh, come on now! Its not that I heard/read them in purpose. So happened to stumble across them & paused to listen to these preposterous words.

Hallo? The question on 'to buy' or 'not to buy' (particularly an essential household item) already requires much thought & the 'masters' instead offer to sell expensive talismans/charms/crystal shaped dragons or whatever they call it? Sorry...I am disgusted!

I used to be a sign seeker. Not general predictions like the horoscopes. I was into pastors who move in the gift of prophecy. Man, I tell you, these pastors, unlike horoscopes reading are precise to the dot. Its not them knowing, but its what God reveals to them. After years of attending every conference conducted by a speaker/pastor with the prophetic gifting, I came to realize that by me seeking after these things, I'm no better than other people who consult mediums and spiritist.


I'm not against going to these people for prayers or anything. What I am concern is that we tend to 'idolize' the pastors or we treat them as a medium. Instead of asking God for ourselves, we take the short cut & look to the pastors for words from God. The Bible is clear. Jeremiah 33:3- This is what the Lord says "Call to me & I will answer you and tell you great and unsearcheable things you do not know."




So dear people...I may not know you, but I say this in love. Please save your monies. Spend it on food, for necessaries, tuition fees. Don't be easily swayed by these unfair 'predictions'. We are all victims of a fallen world. The law of cause & effect applies. Lets always hope for the best. Don't beat ourselves up too much. When we fall, pick ourselves up again...again....& countless times of again! And oh yeah...Call upon God. He wants to hear from us. He desires to speak to us.

And for those of you who think you're 'soi'...let me encourage you. You are not! God loves You & He has a plan to bless you, to give you success & a good future. Think about it.

Comments

tonyleomusic said…
heya jezza!!! great blog!! keep on writing yeah! i'll be reading!! :*D
Jarod Yong said…
I guess everybody was a sign-seeker at one point of time.
But we soon realise our foolishness & start focusing on more concrete things.
Jezzy said…
Ah kam: Well said, bro. Perhaps u should look at the 'coconut tree' leaves miracle. It was a hit last year. Puyo betui.

Popular posts from this blog

Book spree & CD Spree!!

Green Chords-State Level 2009

Blogshy