Perhaps one's view of an egg shell is too narrow.

Received a call from a sales rep from First Choice Club regarding their club privileges & benefits. I could have snubbed them like most of my peers, but no, me being the nice me, has to submit to the code of courtesy.

When the sales rep posted the offer to me, I gave him a sweet decline. I thought he'll stop there but he started to ask personal questions like "Are you married?" "When did you started practicing" which I find as irrelevant in selling a club card. But no, again, me being the nice me, graciously answered each question in truth ('cause I know most people would cook up a story, but I can't). When asked why I wouldn't purchase the card, I just told him that what they're selling does not fit my lifestyle, 'cause I'm not an avid traveler & I don't dine in the hotel restaurants on a frequent basis.

Anyway...when he commented that I should 'get out of my shell', that is when the vocal part of me came out. No. 1, just because I don't travel much or dine in restaurants, that does not mean that I'm oblivious to what's going on in the world. No. 2, that does not mean that I'm not social and does not mingle around. I am blessed with friends, from different races, culture and religion, not superficial friends k, real friends who are like family, who rebukes and corrects when I'm wrong, who's there for me when I need them...Get my drift? No. 3, with RN400+ per year, I can use that to record 1 song in the studio...better still give to the charitable body of which I'm passionate about. No.4, so what if one is 'social' whatever that means...when one is not being an impact and does not contribute to the common good of society?

Needless to say, after my speech, he realized that I'm a focused person. You bet I am! By giving in to me, there's this inference that perhaps he's the one with the narrow mind and needs to get out of his 'egg shell'.

No offense to those who are members of the club. Its your lifestyle, I respect that. Just don't expect others to adopt such a lifestyle. And of course, don't ever judge those who don't subscribe to such a lifestyle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book spree & CD Spree!!

Green Chords-State Level 2009

Blogshy