Oyster mushroom soup

Mum & I have been thinking of planting or cultivating(forgive me for the wrong usage of terms) oyster mushrooms at home. Thanks to my cuzzie, who's doing this business, we could get the seedlings. I bought some mushrooms for me to do some test..as in food test. Thinking about how to cook these good looking shrooms and mushroom soup came to mind. So here's my main ingredient, the oyster mushroom itself..the sides are fresh thyme & one yellow lemon. I started by putting the mushrooms into the food processor. Squeezed the lemon for its juices. Then blend it together until it gets a bit of a liquid consistency. Chop a tbsp of shallots & thyme. Get ready half a bay leaf, 2 cups of chicken stock & 2 cups of cream.
Heat up oil in pan. Put in the chopped shallots & thyme. When it gets fragrant, throw in the blended mushrooms. Stir 'em all up until it gets a little dry. Then pour in a tbsp of salt & pepper, together with the bay leaf, chicken stock & cream. Stir it in medium heat until it boils. Pour in 1 tsp corn flour & stir again for 20 mins. Go ahead with putting in the seasoning until it fits your taste. & wallah! It is done! I give you oyster mushroom soup! Happy cooking!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book spree & CD Spree!!

Green Chords-State Level 2009

Blogshy