It is possible to forget!

Towards the end of last year, I made a wrong move that left me emotionally scared. I've been grappling with the 'emos' for months. I've prayed to God for deliverance but months passed by and it didn't come. I was in a state of despair and hopelessness. I told God I want to forget! I'm remorseful over this bad decision and I want to forget. I want to move on. Is it possible to forget? Is it possible to let go of the hurt and not remember the past hurt? For the life of me, I have not heard of testimonies of forgetting the past(not yet, perhaps there are) and feeling no more pain due to the past. I asked God, is it possible?

Praise God! I got my prayer answered. I don't remember the past incident anymore. I don't feel the pain now. I don't feel bitter towards the person involved. Nor do I feel condemned for the foolish act done because when God forgives, He forgives and forgets! He can make us forget. Even when I do recall, it serves as a reminder for me not to repeat the same mistake. So it is possible after all to forget the past mistakes and forget the pain. Especially when we let it go to God! Not only did I forget it all, I've gone through superb things through out this year that surpasses what happened in the past. I guess...the superb events have made up for the loss.

To the awesome God Who has the power to heal & restore, all glory & power belongs to You forever!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book spree & CD Spree!!

Green Chords-State Level 2009

Give grace to Elizabeth Wong