Gawai 2009 at Stass







This year, Kampung Stass celebrates Gawai beginning on the 30th May. So, my family and I together with the rest of the Singgaw family decided to have our reunion dinner on the 31st May.

I've put picture of some of the local delicacies served during the reunion dinner. There's our lemang, i.e. sticky rice cooked in bamboo. See that lady? That's my aunty preparing the lemang. It's freaking hot in there.

Then there's the tilapia fishes. Smoked in perfection. Very yummy!

See the preserved uncooked fishes? In Malays, its called 'ikan kasam.' My late grandma is well known for her preserved fishes. I thank God that my uncle inherited her skills of preserving fishes. The fish 'kasam' is either eaten raw or deep fried. I like it raw. All you need to do is drizzle some lime, small chillies and cut onions on top. Delicious! And no..it doesn't stink at all. Unless if you fry it of course. When fried, the smell is potent to some. As for me, I am able to bear the smell. In fact, it makes me hungry and salivating. What to say? I'm a Dayak!

Oh ya..I won't forget the 'ulam.' It means eating boiled/uncooked veg with sambal belacan or shrimp paste. Simply hot, hot , hot. Its difficult for me to avoid chillies. My mouth says yes but my stomach can't take it. Ah well...I didn't care about the after effects. Just munch away! Like we always say..go head jak.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book spree & CD Spree!!

Green Chords-State Level 2009

Blogshy