We're serious yer all!

15th December 2012 was such a memorable day for me. Well, for the churches of Kuching as well. On that day, my church, Trinity Community Centre participated in the Kuching Christmas Parade. About 10,000 people from the various churches in Kuching joined the Parade. Some people brought their banners & flags. Some brought their guitars & sang the Christmas carols or some gospel tunes. One Iban church brought their native instruments, like the gongs, engkerumung(the Iban's version of the xylophone)..Man, that group rocks! There were tambourine dancers, the Boys Brigade band, balloons, people carrying candles, & yes, floats! Again, I repeat, floats! Are they freaking kidding me? Anyway, it was way past cool! Can't believe that we, Kuchingites Christians can pull this of.
What me & my team did was sing along to the Christmas carols played by the band. At times, we wished the by standers 'Merry Christmas! God bless you!' Some of us, went to the extend of shaking hands with them & gave them their wishes as well. Its so fun, especially when we reached Padungan area, where the eateries & pubs are. The pubbers went out with their beer glass in hand & got excited when they saw us. They too shouted their wishes to us. So glad to bring cheer to the city. To see people at the streets smiling & waving back at us. Really, I felt God's light upon the place.
I thank God for the good weather. & I thank God that I could finish the walk. I'm feeling the sore of last night's walk but its worth it! So, why do we do this? Its not just for the sake of having fun. If its all about fun & games, there's no point in doing it. We're doing this because this is how we mark God's territory in our city. While we walk, we pray in our hearts for His kingdom to come into our city. We mean business when we do this! I believe not only Kuching means business but other cities in Sarawak as well. I am hoping & praying that God will move His mighty Hand in this nation & particularly Sarawak. This christmas parade is also a reminder to us Christians & to the rest that this season is about Jesus. Not the celebrations or parties, the merriment. Its about Jesus!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book spree & CD Spree!!

Blogshy

Green Chords-State Level 2009