What addiction took from me!

I hate addictions! It took away my identity. Every time I indulge, the very bits which forms a part of me is stripped away. Many times, I felt like this:


 What did addiction took from me? Here's a number of list of things that I want to specifically state:

(1) my health.

(2) my clarity and sharpness of mind. Which affected my job performance.

(3) productivity.

(4) relationship with God & others. Why? Coz you wanna spend more time with your addictions, not with the rest of the world!

(5) empathy toward others. The aim of addiction is numbness! Not only does it numbs our feeling so that we don't feel stressed out with our problems, it numbs out the feelings(the necessary ones) towards our loved ones and the needy.

(6) creativity. This is one of the dreaded loss! I have not been writing songs or blogging during that awful time.

(7) my hobbies! I have not been singing on the guitar and piano. Not been listening to music for inspiration. Sucks!

(8) time! Wasted time! Wasted resources.

What's good about addiction? Nothing! The faster we get into realization, the better it is.

To my dear readers out there, if you read this, no where am I condemning you or belittling you if you have such an addiction. I'm just ranting out my frustration. I want to list out its consequences not only to the world at large, but to myself, so that I am reminded that no more shall I allow addiction to rob me off the beautiful virtues which has been built into my life.

Well, nothing that my God cannot restore peeps! Time and again, He has proven to me that He is able. I am in the process of restoration. God has forgiven me and my sins are remembered no more. I am assured of that and I invite all to rest on that assurance too!

Live, life in freedom & abundance!
God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book spree & CD Spree!!

Blogshy

Green Chords-State Level 2009