God's plan is the best

I used to dream of being in a worship ministry like Hillsong when I was younger...many many moons ago. Of course, it never happened which was such a bummer. It got me discouraged for awhile but as time goes by..many many moons passed on..(I love this moons expression!) I believed that God's plan was not for me to be like Hillsong but instead to sing songs in my language. Hmm..my language? I'm Bidayuh, but I don't speak Bidayuh. I do speak Iban coz I follow the literal meaning of 'mother tongue'. & of course I speak BM which is our national language. If I am to write songs in my language that means that my songs are meant for my people..the Malaysians..& perhaps Indonesia..possible. Anyway, I prayed through the word which was released to me as I don't want it to come from the flesh. After much praying & waiting upon God, I finally did compose a BM song in year 2008...this happened only after 6-7 years after the release of the word. Imagine the time that it took for the word to come to fulfillment. & this year itself, I composed 3 more BM songs. Glory to God in the Highest! & the best thing is that while I write these songs, the words & melody came like a breeze.



God's plan may sound bizarre at times..I mean, me? Writing BM songs? But God after all is the God of wonders. Sometimes I tell God, I want this to happen, I want to have this, this is good for me. I mean if its good, why not? We think that we know everything..We think that what we want is the best. Guess what! We don't. We are infallible beings whose understandings are marred at times by selfish motives & worldly concept as to what may seem the best. Just because it is good does not mean its profitable & if its not God's will for us, it is not the best.


Although I was disappointed that things didn't turned out according to what I plan out for myself, I am well pleased with what God's doing with me now. He makes everything fall into place. As I write this, I'm hoping that the speaker who is conducting the song writing session for the Worship Conference in KL this 16th Sept would approve of my writings. I still need to learn & I need the speaker's guidance. & if he approves...& I pray that he would, then I'll proceed with the recording of my album.


Ok..enough about me, me, me...the point is: (1) Go for God's best for you; (2) When a word of God is released, take time to test the Word & seek for confirmation; (3) Position ourselves in prayer & preparation..like in my case, make the effort to listen to other BM songs, read BM bible, etc...cause faith without works is dead. (3) When the Word is confirmed, walk in obedience.

Comments

Jarod Yong said…
You have a talent for music, Jez.
Writing BM songs will bless more people because only so few in Sarawak can understand English.
Anyway, there is a shortage of BM songs.
=)
HstryMkr said…
able to write BM songs is already a good thing wei:)most can write English songs but BM?? now that's unique lorr:)can also promote Malaysian breed songs by Malaysian for Malaysians:)

Popular posts from this blog

Book spree & CD Spree!!

Blogshy

Green Chords-State Level 2009